Sigma 400 Series
Sigma 421 flow / consumption sensor
The consumption sensor Sigma 421 is based on the thermal mass flow principle. It measures volumetric standard flow over a wide measuring range. The result is pressure and temperature independent. Sigma 421 is an in-line type sensor which is mounted into the pipe. There are 7 models available for ¼”, ½”, ¾”, 1” , 1 ¼”, 1 ½”, and 2” tubes. The version with display shows the actual volumetric flow and the total consumption. The consumption counter can be set via the keyboard. Various settings such as gas type, flow unit, reference standards, can be set ex factory or through our service kit. The service kit consists of a PC software and a interface box which connects the sensor to the USB port of the PC. Every sensor includes an analogue output (4…20mA) for flow and an isolated pulse output for the consumption counter.
- In-line type for high accuracy in small tube diameters.
- Analogue output 4…20 mA, pulse output (galvanically separated).
- Particular suitable for measuring process gases such as N2, Ar, He etc.
- Thermal mass flow, independent of pressure and temperature changes
- Easy installation
- Very fast response time
Applications for Sigma 421
- compressed air balancing
- compressed air consumption measurement
- leakage air / leak rate determination
- mobile compressed air measurement in front of single machines / plants
- flow measurement of process gases like e. g. nitrogen, CO2, oxygen, argon, nitrous oxide
- flow measurement at nitrogen generators
Sigma 421 Measured unit m3/h, m3/min, l/min, cfm
Accuracy +- (2% of measured value + 0.3% full scale)
Medium Air, non explosive gases (N2, O2, CO2, N2O, Ar)
Operating temperature -30 … 80 ºC
Operating pressure Up to 16 bar (optionally up to PN 40)
Analogue output Signal: 4 … 20 mA
Scaling: 0 … max range
Pulse output 1 pulse per m3
Power supply 24 VDC smoothed ± 15 %
PC connection: SDI interface
Mounting thread meas. section: R 1/4″, R 1/2″, R 3/4″R 1″, R 1 1/4″, R 1 1/2″, R 2″ external thread.
|Volumetric Flow Ranges|
|Inner tube||Measuring range|
|1 1/4″||36.8||0.7||480 m3/h|
|1 1/2″||41.8||1.0||550 m3/h|